Addicted to video games to the point of spending long moments there? Or simple amateur who likes to relax and have a good time in front of his favorite game? Whether you’re a gaming enthusiast or a happy dilettant, your hardware must live up to your ambitions, big or small. Here are our tips to choose your gaming environment.
True geek or Sunday video game player, the observation is the same: only an optimal pc gamer configuration will allow you to get good performance. Gamer headset, armchair, keyboard and even mouse… We will give you all our tips to choose your gaming equipment.
The PC gamer
Laptop or desktop PC? Here, no good answer, they each have their advantages and disadvantages. If the laptop offers a certain freedom as it can be taken everywhere to play, the models specially designed for gaming have the reputation of being quite heavy. The desktop computer is much more scalable: by changing certain components such as the graphics card (to improve the image on the screen) or the processor, you can easily advance your configuration. Moreover, as they can be connected to the Internet, wired, they allow a more stable connection than Wi-Fi. Choosing the right PC gamer is therefore essential.
The gaming headset
Stereo 2.0 (2 channels, left and right) or Surround 5.1/7.1 (multi channels: right, left, behind…)? It all depends on the type of video games you plan to play! For games requiring high sound accuracy, opt for a minimum 5.1 Surround gaming headset. To go even further in the sensory experience, turn instead to 7.1: footsteps, cracking a branch… You will hear everything that is happening around you! If the game does not require very sophisticated sounds, a stereo headset will do perfectly.
The gamer chair
If you spend a lot of time playing, the comfort of your gaming chair should not be overlooked. On the other hand, if you think about buying your seat without trying it, we give you some criteria to take into account.
- Your morphology: your weight and height will directly determine the capacity and dimensions of the seat.
- The features: adjustable height, adjustable backrest, tilt, armrests… it’s up to you to know your preferences.
- Upholstery: leather or fabric, upholstery used… Again, determine what works best for you.
- The budget: a more expensive gamer chair does not always mean more efficient. Take into account the reviews left by other users and look for a good quality/price ratio.
The gamer keyboard
Un bon clavier est indispensable pour bien jouer. Il en existe trois grands types, possédant chacun leurs propres caractéristiques
- The chiclet keyboard: with flat and spaced keys, it is not particularly suitable for gaming. If it has the advantage of being silent, it offers less reactivity than on a mechanical, for example.
- Membrane keypad: This model is the most common. Quiet, it is also rather economical. As with chiclet keyboards, the keys are not completely independent, which can cause ghosting problems.
- The mechanical keyboard: the most recommended for gamers. Ultra responsive, it is fast, precise and offers many options. It is however more expensive and more complex to tame.
To improve your gaming performance, you can also opt for next-generation consoles. Between the Xbox Series X and S at Microsoft and the PlayStation 5 and 5 All Digital Edition on the Sony side, multiple options are available to vary the pleasures!