We often talk about VPNs because they allow you to browse the Web without restriction. This is particularly convenient for people who wish to use streaming services without suffering national limits. But the role of a VPN is first and foremost to secure your online activities and to guarantee your privacy on the different devices used: desktop, laptops and smartphones.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) gives you the possibility to access the Internet in an encrypted and anonymous way. Security is one of the key elements of these remote servers and the possibilities are multiple:
- Outsource your connection by bypassing geographic filtering;
- better protect your anonymity by hiding your IP address;
- obtain a virtual location in another country in order to access sites or content that you cannot have in France;
- connect to open networks and public WiFi without compromising the security of your devices and data. This is especially convenient for those who travel a lot!
In other words, the information you receive or transmit will no longer be identifiable. Wherever you are (at home or on the move) your online activities remain anonymous.
Is it necessary to have a VPN on an Apple device?
Although apple brand devices are known to be reliable, the proliferation of Internet usage does not guarantee a complete absence of threats. To reduce the risk of security vulnerabilities that can breach their privacy, many users turn to VPNs adapted for the iOS operating system.
Using a VPN for Mac and iOS offers many benefits. In addition to protecting itself from spying policies and the monitoring of information that passes through our daily devices, the private network provides the opportunity to unlock inaccessible content while being undetectable. A real + if you travel in a country where some sites are censored or if you want to access series in streaming inaccessible in France.
Should I take a free or paid VPN?
To reduce costs or to test the service without spending, it is obviously possible to opt for a Free VPN Mac and iPhone. However, you should know that a paid VPN is recommended for several reasons:
- Free VPNs are not always 100% secure
- features are reduced for freemium versions;
- for paid versions, data encryption is more efficient;
- the connection speed is often reduced and the number of servers available is reduced on free offers.
For most VPNs, subscriptions cost only a few euros per month. An affordable price since it is the security of your data and the tracking of your connection that depends on it!
Is it legal to use a VPN?
Whether on an Apple device or other, the use of a VPN is not illegal. It is the use you make of it that risks taking you to the other side of the legislation. VPNs are not prohibited by French law to the extent that they are intended to protect the privacy of users and to avoid online surveillance. This additional security protects fraudulent access to information that could be sensitive!